A psychology professor at The University of Chicago and one of the world’s leading experts on the brain science behind “choking under pressure,” Dr. Beilock explains how to perform better in every arena, from taking exams and giving presentations to playing golf.
- Working memory and how it’s affected by emotions under stress
- When less is more and why being too smart gets in the way
- How stereotypes affect performance, for better or worse
- How you think about yourself trumps ability when you’re under stress
- Specific techniques to prevent choking under pressure